The heat is on all over the East Coast with temperatures in New Jersey expected to hit the triple digits this weekend. High temperatures and humidity can be dangerous, so NJ Advance Media has compiled a list of tips and strategies to stay safe during the heat.
As temperatures are climbing, be sure to:
- Limit strenuous outdoor activity during the hottest parts of the day, stay in shaded areas as much as possible.
- Seek out air-conditioned areas as much as possible. Check your town for cooling centers, or find public spaces with air conditioning like shopping malls or local libraries.
- Wear light clothing.
- Drink plenty of fluids, especially water. Avoid alcohol and caffeine.
- Don’t leave people or pets in a closed car.
- Try these 10 indoor places to stay cool.